Thursday, September 6, 2007

20 months......

Well I was trying to post this before midnight but didn't quite make it. So I guess it was 20 months yesterday since my LID. 20 LONG months and I STILL don't have my referral for Megan Joy. When I started the process back in 2005, the wait was around 6-7 months while I was paperchasing. Now it is 20+ months. No one even knows when I'll get my referral, let alone travel. I keep thinking that I'll get my referral in February 2008 and travel in April 2008. But who really knows?!?! I just pray that the olympics would interfere with my adoption. Who would have thought back in 2005 when I was DTC that I might have to worry about the olympics in summer 2008?!?! So frustrating...

I've always had in the back of my mind, wondering if I will want to adopt more than once child. Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to adopt from China again. First of all because of the singles ban and also now because the wait is so long, I don't think that I could handle a 3-4 year wait if it ends up taking that long.

Just keeping praying for my Megan Joy. I pretty much KNOW that she has been born and I can't wait to meet her.

No comments: